Book of Mormon

Book of Mormon

Monday, June 6, 2016

Getting There - 6-6-16

 
 
This week in the transfer we stayed together and two other elders stayed. So we will get 2 new elders in the district. Elder and sister D stay in the same area for their whole mission. So we are here for this next transfer. Elder C who was in my apartment in another area will come to this district which will be awesome. It'll be good to see him again!

But other then that this week Our friend John Lennon came into the church and asked Elder D how to do geneology and that was kinda funny. They already know him and are used to his quirks. SO that was funny.

Our lunches this week were mostly at home because there are some members that cant give us lunch at their homes because they work or for other odd reasons. So we didnt really have lunch with members. This week we will have lunch with the Branch Pres. I'll try to get pics this week... If I forget I'm sorry :}
 
Here is getting colder everyday and we are loving our little space heater. House and apartments dont have central heating or AC. SO we have a little space heater that we love in the bedroom. 
Lessons lacked this week because we lost a lot of investigators again. SO we were knocking doors and street contacting everyday basically. That didnt get us too many results really; we are trying to get more investigators in the way that everyone knows is the worst. But we are working hard and "getting there." We did get one new investigator that is nice and she is curious. We dont know too much about her yet but as soon as we do I'll say more I guess :}

References are lacking ever since the first baptism this area... So that's a bummer. We are doing a contacting activity Saturday so we are hoping for some more references. We will have the choir sing as well and we are working on some songs to perform at the activity. They are getting better at listening and following the director. They are doing great!

This week we made some steaks with some money that the members give us to eat. But I dont really know what I love buying at the store here... Chocolate milk I guess? I dont know!
 
This week a member was looking through a photo album that I take with me so people can look at my family and where I come from and they said dad seemed like a very funny person. They seemed absolutly sure he were all just fun and games. I told them he is a lawyer and liked to sue people for all they were worth and they got a little nervous! IT was funny as well. I said that really he is chill and they relaxed. Here lawyers apparently arent too honorable people... It was a chuckle.
This week we ate lunch with Elder and Sister D and they made sloppy joes and other stuff that was super good! They also made s'mores for us and Elder D said something that i thought applies to the Gospel. "If the marshmallow catches fire the first time, it'll be easier to catch fire again." I thought that was interesting and can refer to about anything in the gospel whether it be good or bad! If you start reading the Book of Mormon once, its something that will be easier the second time. Unfortunately it works the same way with something that is not good for you; it is easier to do again once you have done it once. So my message this week is be careful with what we start so that we will establish good habits instead of fall into bad ones. 

But I love you all and I hope you ahve a great week! Congrats Bri for getting home! WAY TO GO CUZ!

Elder George

No comments:

Post a Comment