Book of Mormon

Book of Mormon

Monday, June 20, 2016

10 More Pdays 6-20-16









Well I have to say that this week has been a bit of a challenge for us on the health front and we have been walking about trying not to contaminate everyone while still working and that has been fun I guess. 
We found a guy that likes to debate a lot and he has read the bible 4 times and thinks he knows everything about what Christ wanted his church to be like. He thinks that those requirements have not been met yet. So that is kinda frustrating when he asks for us to show us evidence in the BIble. My comp is super about trying to let them decide by the Spirit but i don't have so much patience. So I whip out my "almost two years of study" and throw it at him and get him at every point and he ends up just saying that it just isn't here even though there is plain evidence in the Bible. So that has been our week really with debate. 
The sister we are teaching is the same as last week. She didnt get a chance to read the Book of Mormon so she didnt know yet if it was true... So we told her to try again and we'll go back tomorrow to see how it went. 
The choir is also going well and some people are trying to start thinking they know all there is to know just because they are doing well know. They wanna do all kinds of fancy warm ups and sometimes I get a little impatient. But we are there to help so that is what counts. We are doing "How great thou art" and it is going well really.
Today we are going to Elder and Siter Davis's House to make cookies and that'll be a blast! So I'll take some pics of that and some more of the area! Next transfers are mid July, but I am really loving my companion. He is definitely one of my favorites! He actually has a twin brother. He's 25 and also has an older sister. He is engaged and his girlfriend went on a mission recently. His family are really good people. He says it is kind of weird that he will see me go home since we met when he arrived in the mission. We will keep in touch for sure after the mission.

We had a zone meeting this week and it was okay... The leaders are a little unexperienced and insecure but they did alright. Next week wll be zone conference with President Silva and that will probably be exceptional as always. If not well... Sad day because it's my LAST ONE! So weird to think about that and next week I'll be able to say that I come home NEXT MONTH!!!! It is going by! Not as fast as everyone says but it is going by! Kind of sad really.
This week I read a talk by President Monson and he talked about having the courage to be a good person even if no one else is. We just need to set our mind to do whats right and GO FOR IT! THat is what I've decided to do this last time that I have here. GO FOR IT! Little ones, be an example of someone who does the right without caring about who sees! That is the most important thing you could do!
But as for big news this week thats what I have a I guess. LOVE YOU GUYS
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!
Elder George




No comments:

Post a Comment