Book of Mormon

Book of Mormon

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Adventure MORMON 3-28-16



I know you have probably been dying to find out what happened this week because of the pictures and everything. May I say that it isn't any grand story. It really was just and accident. But here we go!

Well, on Tuesday night after we closed the day of we were messing around with our nerf guns and Elder Maltez was gonna shoot me. So to avoid it I jumped and spun around and without even noticing where I was when I jumped BLAM!!!! In the door frame.... Forehead full of cement... It didn't hurt all that much at the moment; but as soon as a took my hand off my head I saw it soaked in blood. I thought," Oh no....."  So I went into the bathroom, tried to stop the bleeding and then we called Sister Silva because she helps with the Missionaries health. She said to us,"Well get to the hospital and see what the doctor says!" So we did and may i Say that here in Brazil the hospitals are less than convenient for those in emergency situations. I had an OPEN cut and I went to the receptionist and said "hey I need to talk to a doctor." He said "Ahhhh yes. Well so does everyone else so if you could take a number that would be great." I thought to myself" TAKE A NUMBER?!?!?!?! YOU'RE KIDDING!!?" Oh well. Fine. I take the number, wait for a half hour, then my number is finally called. He asked for my insurance info and then entered everything into the computer, gave me one of those wristband deals that shows that I'm allowed to be in there and let me in. THEN there was a line to see the doctor!!! SO after about 45 more minutes of waiting I finally got to see the Doc. He was on his computer when I walked in and he said, without even looking at me,"How can I help you?" I said (really rather annoyed)," Well, as you can see I've got a little problem on my forehead." He looked up at me and I saw a little more urgency. Then he looked at the cut, cleaned it, and said it would need stitches.... 4 stitches... So great. Get that done and then he says alright you're normal again. I asked about working and everything and I mention sun and sweat and he cut me there and said "Oh no... You cant do that until you get the stitches out... 10 days..." My heart sunk and I thought 10 days at home..... Why me......But after that I went home I slept because it was midnight already and everyday its gotten a bit better and that's where we're at! I should get them out Thursday probably. I'll go tomorrow to see exactly where we're at but we'll see!


My new companion has 15 months in the mission. But he is great, funny, loves to work and have a great time and we get along great so far. We are STILL Zone leaders and the obedience has gotten much better in a few ways. In others we still have some trouble trying to get some people to obey. But that's the normal struggle for leaders. But we threw a party for the new elders that came to the district and that was fun.

I don't have anyone else that write me regularly other then you, dad, Grammy DD, Grammy George, and one friend. It happens in the mission. At the beginning everyone writes and as time goes on people start to fall away because life moves on! It's the way things are.

So because of the accident we could really participate in the #hallelujah initiative which was a bummer for me. We had some pretty good ideas but it just didn't happen. 

The family we are teaching are great. They are already quitting coffee and alcohol and getting ready to get married and so baptism should be around the corner with them! We go back Thursday and we'll see if we cant get them on a date.

But those were the adventures this week! I hope that you feel satisfied with the info and I didn't leave anything out. I love you and I hope you have a great week!

Elder George
#hallelujah
https://www.mormon.org/easter/hallelujah


No comments:

Post a Comment