Book of Mormon

Book of Mormon

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

One More Week 3-7-16 AND Transfer Week 3-14-16



Hello!
This week we had a little less than success... But I'll go through the good things.
M and S are doing well but we found out that they have to get married before they can get baptized. They are understanding the lessons and going to church every week. It's just a problem visiting them because they live really far away. We have to go with a member in order to not waste a lot of time going there. So that's the only thing that's hindering right now.

As far as upcoming transfers, I think my comp will be transferred because he has been here for 6 months now and President doesn't usually leave people for so long in an area. We'll have to see though.  I'm hoping to have an opportunity in another area as well, but I don't know what will happen.

So in our house everyone got obsessed with trading things for other things. Throughout the mission I have traded ties on a number of occasions but this time we just took everything out that we wanted to trade and started offering things. I traded the suit coat with Elder Reis for a nerf gun, 3 ties and a tie clip and he loved that idea. I traded some exercise equipment for a jacket, I traded another jacket for a coat, sweater and some colorful socks, and some other stuff. Basically they're all addicted in trading. I think it's fun but we've run out of things to trade.... I liked the suit because it was like a MR. BEAN suit. It is brown and shiny and sweet. He also didn't like it too much and didn't wear it so he offered it to me for that stuff. The trade fest was probably the best thing that happened this week really.
My SWEET traded suit!

This week I wanted to share 1 Nephi 6:1-2 with you because of what it says. It talks about how Nephi won't use the space in these plates for certain info because they need the space for other things. I think it is amazing that the Lord inspired them EXACTLY in what they should write and how they should write it, that we might have those records now. I know that OUR prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, is inspired by God to write and tell us the things that we need to know today. 

Well, that's it this week I guess. Take care and don't die!

Elder George
Dragonfruit!


3-14-15
TRANSFER WEEK

I FINALLY GOT MY PACKAGE AND I LOVED IT AS USUAL. I thought to myself when I saw the face soap... wow... what's mom tryin to say..... ;)
BUt thank you for everything. IT means a lot when you send something that really will help me. The simplified hymn book was good too. That'll help me get back into the rhythm. HA pun.
yes, this week is transfers. Next transfer though will be only 5 weeks so that is good. just to help those who come to the mission after visa waiting in the US.
As far as trading clothes, Elder Reis' torso is about the same size as mine. so the suit fit well. I have no idea if I've gained any weight or lost. its been a while since I've measured. 
My comp had to do a root canal last week and finish it today. I probably wasn't very sympathetic with him. Especially since I had a root canal the week before I left for Brazil. But yeah. Sunday we had a manifestation of physical unrest so we had to stay inside all day. That was good to get some stuff done.
This week I dont really know what to share that was spiritual or strengthening. Other then the fact that I see how mom and dad raised me to be more responsible and do what needs to be done when it needs to be done. Thank you so much for that and I love you guys for that. 
I'm sorry that I don't have more but I have to help Elder Reis with something so I dont have more time. I hope you have a great week and I'll let you know about transfers and if I dont email next monday it's becasue I have been traveling.
LOVE-Elder George


No comments:

Post a Comment