Book of Mormon

Book of Mormon

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

LAST OF THE YEAR! 12-28-15



 
Friends and Family!
This week marks the last week of 2015 and that means... well..... it's the last week? But anyway... Hello! And how are all of you after Christmas week!? I am pleased to have heard from so many this time of year and I am grateful for the donations and gifts that have been made for me this special time of life. I know that you will all be blessed because of this sacrifice.

 
This week was finally another Skype call home and it was fantastic. I enjoyed so thoroughly talking with the family and joking around once more. It was great to see the family and well of course PERCY!! And another dog that I haven't even meet yet... But that was good too I guess. Anyway something interesting happens when I hang up with the family. I'm sad obviously but I feel like it kinda re-energizes a bit. It'll get me to Mother's day for sure!
 
Anyway, someone asked me about a big storm that happened a few weeks ago. I had described as a land hurricane but that wasn't EXACTLY what it was. It was 70 mile an hour winds more or less and LOTS of rain. One of our windows broke and part of the ceiling came off and parts of roofs came off of other buildings so that was something. But it wasn't really a hurricane. No one was hurt and nothing was very damaged. It was just a bit scary.
During this week, for Christmas, we received various boxes of chocolates and cookies and things which was nice of the members. Kinda like how it happens at home. People give random sweet things and that's that!
We got the transfer call last Tuesday and my companion and I are staying here in Joinville and continuing as the zone leaders. We currently have 4 elders in our apartment, but next week we will be getting 2 more. That will make 6 in our apartment. One of the new guys is my last companion so that will be pretty good.
Elder George and his companion
After our baptism, our teaching pool has shrunken down and that's worrisome. But this transfer, now that there are two sets of missionaries for our area, we can plan a lot better on what happens. So we will be able to be more efficient at finding people. We still have 2 people that we are teaching, and they are in early learning about the church. They are interested but they are gone for the holidays so that is a bummer but we'll see what else we can find!
The family we just baptized, were taught for about 6 months before they were baptized. Because the had to get married and stuff it took longer then it should have but it turned out great. After baptism, we teach them all of the lessons again so we will spend some more time with them helping them settle in.
Christmas here is observed like new years basically with a few gifts thrown in. Around town, people just throw fireworks and eat lots of food and open a  few gifts. At home, I always remembered listening to soft Christmas music in the living room at night as one of the best Christmas memories and here they don't really care about the music. Sad day.
Well everyone I encourage you all to take a look at your priorities and see if there isn't something you could do to fit in some study time throughout your days. Often times there is something we can move around to fit some spiritual time in. I would recommend finding something that you think you need to improve spiritually and trying to find things that relate to that. I KNOW that you will be blessed for that sacrifice of time for learning.
Well Everyone I love you all and I hope you all have a great new years and I'll see you in 2016!
Elder George

No comments:

Post a Comment