Book of Mormon

Book of Mormon

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Christmas is Here Again-12-14-15


Friends and Family!
Hello again and I am soooo happy! So many good things are happening! YAY HOLIDAYS!
So this last week our family got married and they are on schedule! They are getting baptized on Saturday and we are all excited! They are doing great! I will send pictures of the baptism next week! But please... if everyone could pray for them that they will be able to make this commitment and feel confident! THAT WOULD BE GREAT.
We also this week will have our Christmas Conference. There will be three different zones there partying like none other. There should be a lot of activities and snacks and soda! There will be a secret White elephant exchange and that should be a blast. I dont even know what I'm gonna do... I'll see about that today. But for this week that's what'll happen basically. THis past week it was on and off with the temperature... Looks like this week it should be hot and at the same time rainy.. Which isnt too good for us missionaries. That means it'll be humid and NOTHING will dry like it's supposed to. But patience you know? Actually, last week was the same.... It was humid and hot and rained some of the time... basically tormenting us. But regardless of the annoying weather I am just happy today! Life is GOOD!
I have been reading in the Book of Mormon this week and I cam across Alma's conversion story again and may I say, how powerful can one man be? I love the verse in Mosiah 28 (verse 4) that says that he was among the vilest of sinners and he converted. He became one of the most influential prophets of the Book of Mormon. I love the process of repentence and the oppurtunity that it gives us to be better people. Let us remember the reason why we can repent especially at this time of year. The birth of our Savior should remind all of us of His purpose on the earth. "My Father hath sent me that I might be lifted up upon the cross. That even as I am lifted up so might man be lifted up to me." (3 Nephi 27:14) This time of year we celebrate the birth of Him who claimed victory over death and saved us all. Let us all rejoice and help one another this time of year. And in doing so let us also forgive a friend and forget his wrong doings of the past. Surely if they have gained forgiveness from God, we can also forgive them and forget the wrong that was done. Let us all remember this and "if my friends can help me" (if I can help others) I would start that action today. 
I love you all and I'll see you all soon with a baptismal picture! 
Elder George

No comments:

Post a Comment