Book of Mormon

Book of Mormon

Monday, January 11, 2016

January 11, 2016

 
Mom asked me a couple of questions this week:
What is my favorite scripture?
If I could share something with our ward congregation back home, what would that be?
 
So it seems like when I finally get my head wrapped around something it changes on me. Why does that happen? I got my head wrapped around which scripture is my favorite and now I have no idea... There are just so many. Probably it would be D&C 6: 22-23*.  It really helps me in times of doubt/discouragement and reassures me during hard times.

I would tell the congregation that being on a mission is WAY different then they think. Missionaries aren't all perfect on missions; There are quite a few that don't obey. Quite a few that don't work. Quite a few that don't care about anything that they are supposed to do. That is why missionary work is judged by a person's individual desire, work, and effort. Absolutely you are supposed to obey and work and all that. But your success isn't measured by numbers of baptisms or lessons. God himself will let you know how you're doing. You will feel how you are doing from Him. That is something that I would tell them. They shouldn't have the vision that missionaries are perfect because they're not. They're just like normal people. WE ALL HAVE TO SPREAD THE GOSPEL.
 
So we called S. but he is traveling still. So we will see if we can't get over this week. I hope so! He does let us share Gospel messages with him when we visit, even though he wants to remain Catholic right now. He respects us quite a lot and he is chill. 

Last  week we finally found someone who is interested in learning about the Gospel and we are teaching him. We'll go back this week hopefully. He is rather lost when religion is concerned. So we'll see what happens. Teaching is gonna start picking up more now since there are more missionaries in our area. And referrals and contacts are gonna pour in this week and next week. We have found a few people that will influence quite a few people. Those two things should be good; we have taught very little in this area as of yet but we are getting going for sure.

This ward is good; a little less involved with us than my last area. They help with meals but other than that they haven't given too many referrals yet. But that should get more up to speed when they trust us some more.

Last week was one of those weeks where literally nothing is different from the week before. This coming week we have our leadership council from President and next week we'll have a worldwide broadcast for missionaries from Salt Lake with a few Seventies and things. But this next week we'll have some great pictures and stories from leadership council. So until then!

Elder George
 
*"Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things. Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God?" Doctrine and Covenants 6:22-23
 

No comments:

Post a Comment