Book of Mormon

Book of Mormon

Monday, December 7, 2015

Experiences 12-7-15


Well, I have to say I'm proud of all those guys who got out on the mission. I know that without the mission I would not have grown up. The mission helped me do that.
That is great theat my Percy-boy is good from his surgery. I'll have to rememer to ask to see him on Christmas. It's been a year since I've seen him! Yesterday there was a family that had 2 Golden Retrievers and I was in a hairy heaven, basically. 
So yeah every time I say it will be hot, that's what everyone else is says... Then it just keeps raining... and raining... and well raining... Everyone says it should get hot here in a bit...who knows.
I don't know about S., but we really hit it off really. His family is really awesome. They all speak English and they got dinner for us and we talked in English and it was amazing. But he basically told us that because his family is Catholic he will stay that way at least for now... But they are really nice and they want to have us back. And they have a.... GUITAR!!!! Since I got rid of mine, that was really fun as well.
They don't really have much Christmas custom here in Brazil like we do in the US. I'm like the only one with Christmas Decor. They don't really care all that much... Which makes me sad.... :/
The Family we are teaching is doing great and they are very strong. They will be baptized on the 19th. We are very proud of them. They are getting married this Saturday. President doesn't allow us go to the wedding, which I am sad about.
My companion is nice and and we get along well. He just works hard and does his things. And the guys in our apartment are awesome as well. They love to have.... NERF WARS!!! For P-day, today we are gonna go to the church to play. It should be epic. 
So this zone has difficulty keeping the rules. Apparently some missionaries were sent home for breaking some important rules and others just don't have obedience as a priority. My responsibilities are the same; I am responsible to keep track of what they are doing, encourage better behavior, and let the president know of problems that are happening. Sometimes that is hard because others may have more seniority than I do. But that's my life this week really. Can't believe Christmas is in 2 weeks!
Love-
Elder Deven George
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment