Book of Mormon

Book of Mormon

Monday, April 27, 2015

New Things 4-27-15


Ether 12:27
"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Hello Again!
This week was quite the week really! Went by slow because of a few things which I will address. NOTHING BAD but EVERYTHING EXCITING! So let’s jump right in!
An interesting fact about Brazil this week is that every morning you can see people smoking and drinking beer already. Today we saw someone drinking and smoking at 730  AM So that’s different here!
We didn’t have any basher encounters which was good. SO that was all smooth sailing, but I did have my first encounter with a depressed person. Her name is M and she is the Mom of one of our families that we teach. She hit some rough spots with her parents and life and so she is REALLY down. So we are trying to help her out because we are teaching her sister and she is really progressing and so we want to help her by helping her sister but depression is tricky stuff.. so that’s that I guess.

Later that week we got the Transfer Call and we've got some changes coming our way!!! Elder B and I are separating.... HE will go to another area to be zone leader. So we will be going about 20 minutes away! So that’s cool. I on the other hand am staying here.... AND TRAINING!!!! AND BEING DISTRICT LEADER!!!! ITs gonna be crazy busy but I am super pumped and it should be awesome. That is the biggest news I have for this week really.
As far as people we have taught, if you could put in your prayers L, M, and I I would be very grateful. They are all potential baptisms so that would be great if you could pray for them to receive and recognize answers to prayers. Thanks a lot!
As for a spiritual thought, I thought about this  a bit and I was reading in Ether 12:27 after I got the call and thought to myself, "How the heck am I gonna be able to train a new missionary and be district leader....?" I was reading that scripture and thought to myself that if I show humility I will become strong in the work because of the Spirit and the Lord, SO that is my hope for each of you. Think of something that could be troubling you and think if you could show the Lord your humility to try and be a better person, accomplish said thing etc. And he with help you accomplish it. I love this work and I Know that HE lives and loves us. Have a grand week and remember you little ones to try and help your mothers at this special time of year! See you guys!
Sinceramente,
Elder George

No comments:

Post a Comment