Book of Mormon

Book of Mormon

Monday, April 11, 2016

New Week 4-11-16


 
Hello!
So the weather here is about the same... Insanely hot. Today and yesterday were better but still super humid. It should have already started to cool off as we are getting closer to winter, but it hasn't yet. Generally the mosquitos die during the winter because it's cold but last winter they didn't because it didn't get super cool... So that's why there is such a problem now. So we are hoping for some colder weather.
I got the package actually LAST THURSDAY! It was awesome! It was awesome and I have already given some of my good friends that aren't American a tie to remind them of me and they enjoyed them. I also enjoyed the Peanut Butter as always and the hymn book. I admit there isn't too much time to practice but I want to do better with that and take it to District meeting to play. IT meant a lot. Thank you :) YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I fount the pin you hid in the sock. It was awesome and I loved it so much :D THANK YOU!
We have one couple of Senior Missionaries but I haven't even met them yet and it's been a year since they've been here. They're American, and that's basically all I know about them. We also still have 6 in the apartment and one is Elder Peterson who is from the US. No, We don't do splits anymore unless it's absolutely necessary. So unless there are really big problems we just stay in our own area. Elder Peterson is cool. He is nice and does the right thing and wants to be obedient which is good. He is fun to be around. My Companion is Elder Castro. I guess I forgot to tell you his name.
For Zone meeting, we taught about the Holy Ghost in Conversion and it was good. We talked about the moment when we had our own personal conversion and it was pretty good. Unfortunately, doing all of these trainings is getting a little repetitive. I would love to not always be in charge. But the President seems to trust me and ask me to arrange a lot.
Our investigators are doing well and literally the only thing holding them back is getting married. So we're gonna get a member to help them on that. Other than that, the work is about the same. We talked to a lot more people this week and miraculously we found a new family that we will teach tomorrow. So that will be a great way to find some new investigators. 
Listen, Brazil isn't all that to photograph. You probably wouldn't even like it where I am. The city is dirty and hot and really unpleasant to live. There isn't any beaches, there isn't any cool forests or anything like that. Basically it's a hotter more humid area like ours that has rice and beans with every meal.
Well this week I was marking my MTC Portuguese scriptures and I found the verse* that says all things will work together for our good and that hit me. I realize that through ANYTHING, we should be cool because things will work together for our good. Even though we may have some things to work on, we should remember what we have already learned and apply it to our new challenges. I know that God is with us through all things. He helps when we are passing challenges and when we are trying to do what's right. He hears our prayers and answers them. He only requires that we be patient and wait for him to manifest his will AS we do the right thing. I love you and I know God loves you too. 
Have a great Week!
Elder George
*Search diligently, pray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good, if ye walk uprightly and remember the covenant wherewith ye have covenanted one with another. (Doctrine and Covenants 90:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment