Book of Mormon

Book of Mormon

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

February 8, 2016



Hello everyone!

So we have Lizards in our house again.... Well at least we found them once... So that is an interesting thing here. We are almost in the city and somehow a lizard found us.... weird.

So, last week were transfers, and I stayed here again with the same comp. We were both kind of hoping for a change, but that's part of the mission. i'm kinda curious to see how this transfer goes because Elder Choate was transferred. He was my link with the US. BUT Elder STAHN is coming to my zone again! So that'll be great to see him some more. 

So I found out that I leave in August because we have a calendar with everything that will happen in the mission. Conferences, Interviews, transfers. etc. So I looked at the transfer closest to the date that I came on the mission and it was August. I wasn't too sure about that so I asked the secretary and he said I would go in August! So that's how I found out.

S. is going well. Her husband seems to like us and seems to be basically a dry Mormon; Like he believes that it's true and wants to join but doesn't want to give up the past. He likes to drink alcohol and do things on Sundays and that's gonna be a problem for him to give up basically. So that's where we're at with him. They are really nice but its hard to make changes.

I didn't have any interviews this week. Generally we don't travel to do interviews. There's only one area that we have to travel if there's an interview. Last week was in the city but a little ways away. So we just took a city bus and that was it.

Money stretches WAY more because of the exchange rate here. Sometimes I just get a little carried away and spend....Smiling face with smiling eyes But yeah it's good with the exchange. I'm glad it isnt the other way around!

I'm reading the Book of Mormon again and I love the book of Helaman. When you get there you'll know why. I love the parts where the people are just trying to defend themselves from evil and when things go wrong (most of the time) They go straight to Heavenly Father. I know that he strengthens us when we oppose difficulty. And when we humble ourselves, He will grant us power through Christ's amazing Grace. 

Well today we had to get up and go to the bus station to make sure no missionary would be left alone during transfers so that has been a task. We have to go tomorrow to make sure those coming aren't alone. And we have to be there at 7 AM. So that has been tiring. But it'll be good.

But thats it this week. I should get good mail toward the end of this month when President comes to do interviews. So that'll be that! YAY!!! 
Elder George

No comments:

Post a Comment