Book of Mormon

Book of Mormon

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Another Week 10-19-15



S'mores
 One more week gone by and may I say that this one actually FLEW by. The week before crawled by and then time flew! So that made us happy. We are having quite a bit of success with one family. They are G, M,and M. They are super cool and they already believe that the church is true. They have to get married however... So I ask that you guys could pray for them to be able to get that put together to have a baptismal date on the 7th of November. We really do think it will work out. PLEASE HELP!
Anyway I was asked this week about the zone meeting that was supposed to happen. Well it was actually canceled because of lack of  time. We'll see when that happens because we have interviews once again with president this week! It'll be good to talk to him a bit.
So! This week the 2nd ward here had a ward party that we were invited to participate. So we went and it turned out to be a macho cake contest! All of the men made cakes and I GOT TO JUDGE THEM!!!! It was super cool. They weren't too bad really. They played music and stuff when they were presenting and it was super funny! I tried to be fair and just about all of the cakes were actually really good. I was rather surprised actually. 
Something that is different about Brazil: Most of the people here don't have school like we do there. The people here have various times to go. morning, afternoon and night. The kids have different times based on grades. So for example, the high school kids go in the morning, the elementary in the afternoon, and the middle school at night. It all depends on the city as well. But for the most part its like that here.
The houses here are made of bricks... Or wood... Really nobody uses sheetrock here. It's really expensive to do. so they use cement and bricks and wood. Basically anything the can find for cheap really.
 
Everyone shops at least once a week if not more. There really isn't a lot of storage of food here.. So everyone goes to the store a lot. Well, really close to our house is a store called Celeiro. Its basically a grocery store. We go shopping based on the food that we don't have. So if we're out of food we go buy food! no cars and no bikes though. Yay for carrying groceries!
So when the transfer happened we lost two sisters from our district... We now have the four Elders from last transfer and two of the sisters from last transfer so 6 in total. They are all super nice and we all get along great. The sisters are from São Paulo and the other from Argentina. They have very unique personalities. They certainly give the meetings a little more attitude if you know what I mean.
So today I was reading the Doctrine and Covenants and I was in the 108th section* and it is great. it talks about the forgiving of Lyman Sherman I think. But I put my name in and thought about when everyone does something wrong or is having a rough time. It says that if we try to be better we will be strengthened and blessed. I felt really good after reading that. Made my day :)
Well, we haven't been terribly busy lately but we are much busier then my first transfer here. We are finding and trying to help others everyday and that really makes the difference. 
But I guess that's it today! I love you all and I hope you all have a spiritual experience today!
Beijo!
Elder George
A sister in the ward who is leaving for her mission.
"Verily thus saith the Lord unto you, my servant Lyman: Your sins are forgiven you, because you have obeyed my voice in coming up hither this morning to receive counsel of him whom I have appointed.Therefore, let your soul be at rest concerning your spiritual standing, and resist no more my voice. And arise up and be more careful henceforth in observing your vows, which you have made and do make, and you shall be blessed with exceeding great blessings. Wait patiently until the solemn assembly shall be called of my servants, then you shall be remembered with the first of mine elders, and receive right by ordination with the rest of mine elders whom I have chosen. Behold, this is the promise of the Father unto you if you continue faithful. And it shall be fulfilled upon you in that day that you shall have right to preach my gospel wheresoever I shall send you, from henceforth from that time. Therefore, strengthen your brethren in all your conversation, in all your prayers, in all your exhortations, and in all your doings. And behold, and lo, I am with you to bless you and deliver you forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment