Book of Mormon

Book of Mormon

Monday, August 22, 2016

100 Weeks later; Last pday in the mission 8-22-16









Mom,
100 weeks later and here we are. Seems like time passed so fast but that it was been incredibly long since we last saw each other. It'll be so good to see you guys again! I'm nervous but excited but sad. You probably know what I mean. It has been such a journey. I have learned so much. But we'll start with the highlight days instead of everyday.


MONDAY:  Today we had Breakfast with Elder and Sister Davis and they made pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream and it was so incredibly good. It has been so long since I've eaten something like that. So that made that day. Then we went around looking at different things just to pass the time. We had a lesson that was pretty good. We had a couple that we taught about the plan of salvation and it was pretty good! They said they were always wondering about why they were here! So that was cool. Good PDAY!
THURSDAY:  Today we had our last lunch appointment with Pres. A and they have a guitar there. So I started to play something and then Sister Asaid she wanted to RECORD me for a keepsake. I was reluctant because I hadn't played for a long time and I don't like to hear my own voice. But they insisted so I played "Goodbye Nauvoo." They like it a lot. And that was the last lunch... Sad day. I left them a card and thanked them for everything. After that we did some tracting until that night and we had a few appointments that were normal really. So Lunch was the highlight.
FRIDAY:  Today was my 20th BDAY and I have to say it turned out very touching. When we woke up in was pouring rain and we had district meeting and lunch at Subway. We ended up having to stay inside until the evening because the rain got way to thick. All of my shoes have holes so they were all soaked... So we stayed a bit to see if it would lighten up. It didn't. But we had an appointment at a member's house who was gonna introduce us to a friend of his for us to teach. So we went there and when we got there it turned out to be a surprise BDAY party. I was touched by their effort to help me out on a day where I wasn't too cheerful. I thanked them for everything and it was great :)
SATURDAY:  Today we had an activity where two members came tracting with us and we got a few addresses and it was cool! WE also had a few lessons and it was just a good day! All around happiness.
SUNDAY:  Well I was thinking I would get away without speaking in church before I left but they got me. So that was a bummer but it was good too. I spoke about the Atonement and it was good to see how much I have improved in speaking since I've been here. The rest of the meetings were good and I was happy to be able to be here all this time. 
It is quite the experience to be on the last PDAY after so long of waiting and hoping that Monday arrives. I am as nervous as when I left I find. Nervous to get on a plane, nervous to leave everything I know and love behind, nervous to go so far away and nervous that I may never come back.... It is a bittersweet feeling for sure....
One thing I have found as I got throughout this time is that there is a time for everything. A time to sleep, a time to walk, a time to talk, a time to teach, a time to learn and a time remember. Along with many other times... This remembrance of everything that has happened to me has gotten to me a few times. It almost feels like home doesn't even exist. Like I come to the computer on Monday and automatically there are emails waiting to provide comfort and counsel. Sometimes I admit I couldn't even feel there WAS someone on the other side. But I can say that that is how we can feel about God sometimes. It may not seem like He is there, but HE IS. I know that is true and I have learned for myself.
This being my last real email I want to express my thoughts about everything that I have taught and lived these 2 years. I know that Joseph Smith really is a Prophet of God and that he was given the Priesthood to bless the lives of others. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is the Prophet called of God today. I know that God loves us and provided a way for us to return to His presence. I know He qualifies who He calls. I know He is there when we are down and discouraged. He will change our hearts into the person we need to be. "I'm a good man with a good heart. I had a tough time, got a rough start, but I've finally learned to let it go."
My friends and family, DONT QUIT! DONT GIVE UP! The Lord with be with you today tomorrow and forever if we will let Him in. He will change your lives.
I'm coming home! Tell the world I'm coming home!


I Love you all and it'll be so great to see you!


Once and for all, with all my love,
Elder Deven Patrick George
Brazil Florianópolis Mission
Light. #mormon #lds #quotes    Find more LDS inspiration at: www.MormonLink.com:


No comments:

Post a Comment